By Amanda Woods and Joe Marino
A 15-year-old boy was busted for allegedly making threats against a Long Island middle school Friday and another shooting threat led to a lockdown in a Manhattan school, authorities said.
The teen, whose name was not released, threatened “violence” against Commack Middle School on Vanderbilt Parkway while using Instagram Live on May 31, according to Suffolk County Police.
The teen, who was not a student at the school, was arrested at the Second Precinct in Huntington, authorities said.
He was charged with making a terrorist threat and second-degree aggravated harassment, cops said. He did not have access to firearms, police said.
He was scheduled to be arraigned at Family Court on Friday.
“Threats of committing acts of violence on social media will not be tolerated,” Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison said during a Friday press conference. “I will have my best investigators out there, making sure that they have all the tools to identify those individuals and bring them into custody.”
In New York City, an Upper East Side school was locked down Friday after a 12-year-old made threats in a group chat, cops said.
The female student allegedly told friends, “I’m going to shoot up the teacher and the school” after getting into an argument with that teacher at Robert Kennedy School.
The chat was found by parents on one of the kid’s Instagram and included a photo of a gun, cops said. The parents reported the threat.
The girl was being evaluated at the hospital and was not charged.
The pair of threats come a day after a 13-year-old boy was nabbed for threatening to carry out a shooting at Westhampton Beach Middle School, authorities said.
The unidentified student said he planned to “shoot the school” due to his frustration with other students who were picking on him, police said.
He also referenced last week’s Uvalde, Texas, massacre that left 19 fourth-graders and two teachers dead, according to police.
And last week, a 16-year-old boy was arrested for allegedly threatening a mass shooting at Bellport High School on social media.
The teen posted on the “Bellport Scholars” page May 25, warning there could be a shooting at the school the next day, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.
Cops didn’t find any guns in the home of the boy, whose identity was withheld by prosecutors because of his age.
Read the full article on the NY Post website at https://nypost.com/2022/06/03/teen-arrested-for-threats-of-violence-on-middle-school-cops/